If you are a chili aficionado, you’re going to hate this recipe.
If you are a person who thinks everything should be created from scratch, you’re going to hate this recipe.
If you’re a busy person who sometimes needs a quick and easy meal, this recipe might suit your needs.
I got the “original” of this recipe when I was the executive producer of a cooking/monster movie TV show. It came from a local new anchor, who is a legend in the city where I live. Being me (and having a husband who has definite likes and dislikes), I’ve tweaked it a bit to suit our tastes.
- Brown 1 lb of ground meat (the original recipe called for ground turkey; we prefer ground beef). Drain.
- Add 1 can of Bush’s Best Chili Magic
- Add 1 can of diced tomatoes (the original recipe said stewed tomatoes, but we prefer diced. I used to buy ones with chilies in them, but they are no longer available, so I used store brand “chili style”.)
- Season with garlic powder to taste.
- Season with Tabasco sauce to taste. (For years, I used roasted garlic Tabasco, but that seems to have gone the way of diced tomatoes with chilies.)
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve with shredded cheese or sour cream.
That’s it. Enjoy!