Respect seems a rare commodity these days. In many ways, our interactions with others often seem to smack of who’s in control rather than honoring each other for what we are.
Here are a few ways we can bring respect back to our everyday interactions:
- Listen attentively to the person speaking to you.
- Keep the agreements you make with others–that includes being on time.
- Comment on what seems to be important to the other person.
- Allow other people their privacy.
- Use the other person’s name–first name if given or title if not:MJ or Ms. Compton
- Don’t interrupt.
- Don’t dominate a conversation.
- Be kind.
- Value other opinions.
- Apologize when warranted–and be sincere about it.