Summer is my favorite season. Late spring and early autumn are nice, too, particularly since they bookend summer, but summer rocks.
Here are ten reasons I love summer:
- I love “summer” songs–the poolside music of my youth.
- Flowers. I love flowers. This year, I have coleus, too.
- Patio time. There are few pleasures greater than coming home from work, plopping on the patio with a glass of wine, and absorbing warmth.
- No boots. No jackets. No gloves.
- Driving. I don’t need to shovel out or brush off. The roads aren’t icy. I can open the sunroof on my car and enjoy the rush of warm air. Crank up radio and sing along.
- Summer foods. I love summer salads (if they don’t contain eggs or mayo). Fresh veggies and fruits. Herbs. Grilled meats. Ice cream.
- Baseball. Hanging out at the local minor league stadium with TV Stevie on a warm summer night is perfection.
- Bare feet/flipflops/sandals. I hate shoes. I hate socks even more.
- Being warm. The heat doesn’t bother me the way it does some people. I am blessed.
- Summer casual attire. My workplace has a summer dress code that is more comfortable than the usual professional attire that is required. I think summer attire in general is more casual, even out of the work place.
What are some of your favorite things about summer?